My Two Cents: This is a fun, sometimes silly book that reluctant readers will probably love. There's plenty of zany science fiction here that's rooted just enough in real science that it might make kids curious enough to experiment themselves.
Grade Level: 4-7 (some challenging science vocabulary and middle school themes)
- The Clone Chronicles website--especially the Experiments section!
- Do your own cloning experiment: How to Clone a Potato from the Biotechnology Learning Lab at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- History of Vikings (for kids) Why do you think Fischer called the bullies at his school Vikings?
- Insight into Gassy Greg: The Science of Farting (Proceed with caution)
More to Read:
- Another unlikely hero who triumphs in spite of industrial espionage: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- More smart kids whose curiosity gets them into trouble: The Name of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch
- Another self-described wimp who'd probably be happy to eat junk food with Fischer Bas: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney